AGENDA & DELEGATES LIST ARE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD. WORKSHOP MATERIALS AVAILABLE TO VIEW (SEE BELOW).
This workshop brought together scientists to explore the scientific challenges involved in the production, translation, distribution and use of climate information and tools to inform decision making in the Indian and UK water sectors. The workshop addressed issues including:
- What are the key areas of water management in India and the UK where new climate services are needed to inform future planning and adaptation?
- How can climate change projections be used by the hydrological community for decisions?
- What are the key gaps in our understanding of hydro-climatological systems which need to be filled in order to develop new tools and information products for the water community?
- What hydrological data is needed/available at local-regional scales to develop appropriate hydro-climatic information services?
- What other communities could benefit from enhanced hydrological climate service?
The workshop explored opportunities for future collaboration in hydro-climatic services amongst UK and Indian scientists with the objective of promoting future research ideas and partnerships. The needs of key stakeholders were considered with a view to identifying ways of enhancing links between India-UK science and current/potential end-users of hydro-climatic services.