Harry Dixon (IUKWC Centre Co-ordinator) contributed to an opinion piece article entitled "The Long Indian Summer" which was published in the One Earth journal for World Water Day 2020. The article, which also includes contributions from ATREE, the Watershed Organisation Trust and World Bank asked a series of experts to comment on the challenges, implications, and potential solutions to India’s looming water crisis.
Topics covered include:
- Climate Change and Water Scarcity in India - Aparna Roy (Observer Research Foundation)
- India’s Water Scarcity - Tushaar Shah (Institute of Rural Management)
- Securing Our Hydrofuture - Durba Biswas (ATREE)
- “Water Stewardship” to Address India’s Growing Water Challenges - Eshwer Kale (Watershed Organisation Trust)
- Water Challenges in an Urbanizing India - Sumila Gulyani (The World Bank)
- Think Local to Secure Water - Hita Unnikrishnan (The University of Sheffield)
- Science Needs for Indian Water Security - Harry Dixon (UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology)
To read the article please click here.